So, with the blessing of, "Yes, Yes! Something MUST be done!" from the good god-fairy Tana, we set about rectifying the issue. Chad went shopping!
|Laying out pavers after digging gravel drainage|
After returning home with 20 brand new 300mm x 300mm cinder block pavers (approx. 12 inches for you American-types), and about 1/4 m2 of gravel from the local landscape supply, we were ready to start.
First we laid out our area to dig up for gravel drainage in the most offending area: Right in front of the step-down from the work area of the Woolshed. This is a low spot where overrun from the shower, rainwater draining downhill from the Pavilion, and a puddle from the Woolshed all meet. Danger!
|Mud pit dug out and prepped for gravel|
|Experimental layout #218 with offset pavers from Pavilion|
After filling in our drainage area with gravel and getting our layout finalized, we scribed the dirt along the edges of the pavers for our outline of where to dig. And let the fun begin!
|Lizzy digging away|
|Chad digging away|
"See Lizzy dig. See Chad dig. See Lizzy and Chad dig together. Dig guys dig!" And dig we did. Amazingly enough this dirt was no where near as clay-filled as the area in back of the Woolshed.
|General Planning Committee|
|Setting pavers in a sand base clandestinely acquired from an undisclosed location.|
Once the pavers were set, we back-filled with dirt excavated from the trench we cut, the re-seeded with grass seed to facilitate stability and aesthetics. The path to the "Enlighten" Pavilion was complete!
|From the rear of the Woolshed|
|From the Pavilion|
Now to just En"light"en the Pavilion.